Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Don't feel bad, Ty.....

At the beginning of the semester, all the adjuncts had to attend a meeting and the guy had this "icebreaker" where we had to stand up and say something really interesting about ourselves. I was near the end and I still couldn't come up with anything. Then I tried to make something up. There were people there who had climbed mountains, cruised the Panama Canal, won a pie baking competition, just finished their PhDs, yadda yadda yadda. When it was my turn, I just stood up and said "My name is Julie Smith, and I've got nothing. You all win. The accomplishment I am most proud of in the last week is that I changed the sheets. On the bunk beds. That's the best I've got."

So now I have a sister with a patent, a brother with an ISBN# and another brother who went to college on a full-ride. Guess I'd better go wash those sheets again, I'm feeling insecure! ;-)

So here's a clip of Norm at the Veteran's Day Assembly today at Kennerly and then some photos from the day and our birthday lunch with Grandma. (Be sure to ask her what it's like to have a margarita at 11:10am on a Tuesday.) The gentleman who speaks after Norm is our neighbor Linda's Dad, Joe.


No comments:

Followers