Friday, August 14, 2009

A Note from the Birthday Boy

Hello Everybody. Thank you for the Birthday wishes and I just realized that starting tomarrow I will be going on 84. Hey what great news about Katie and Ryan. Like Julie said, I can't imagine that any part of my birthday will be as exciting as Katies. And, a reflection on our recent Dauphin Island experience, Mom and I want to say what a wonderful week it was and can you believe that we have been doing this family thing for the past 25 years. Can anyone recall each of our ventures? I remember Keystone, Chicago, Tulsa, Arkansas, Lake of the Ozarks, and Dauphin. Were there others? How many years at the Knolls etc ? Let me share a story about the trip home: We left Dauphin about 7 am and got to Eville about 8:30 pm. Don and Mimi decided to drive on to Naperville arriving about 1 am. From the long time in the car Mom and I could hardly get out of bed the next morn but when Mimi called that morn to say they got home safely she advised that Don had just gotten home from running 20 ( yes 20) miles in his preparation for running in the Chicago Marathon this fall. And, Mimi is planing to run 13 miles. or one half a marathon at the same affair. How about that? Thanks again for the kind birthday wishes.

No comments:

Followers