Saturday, April 25, 2009

Saturday Afternoon WW2 Battle Re-Enactment





Scott's parents are in town for Sean's First Communion tomorrow so this morning we took them to "World War 2 Weekend" at Jefferson Barracks park. Seeing the three Smith boys describing the weapons and vehicles was a real hoot....they were so excited, I thought to myself "Well, if I had three girls, I would see this same level of excitement if I took them to the new Zac Effron movie. Or maybe Claire's for new earrings."

Instead, we choose weapons. (And history). It was long, hot and LOUD and after the battle we got to go out into the field and pick up shell casings.

In one of the photos, you can see the little boy of one of the re-enactors in the belly of a tank. Sean said "Look at that kid. He is living the dream."

There were loads of veterans there, and I saw several people approach one of them and say "Thank you, Sir. Without men like you, the world would be a very different place today."

I'm really hormonally imbalanced today so of course this made me cry like a baby.

Cards winning, wondering if Ty will post a double shot of the dead bear or if he has something even better planned......? The world awaits......

No comments:

Followers